The flag and the cross : white Christian nationalism and the threat to American democracy / Philip S. Gorski and Samuel L. Perry ; foreword by Jemar Tisby.
- ISBN: 9780197618684
- ISBN: 0197618685
- Physical Description: xii, 157 pages : illustrations, charts ; 22 cm
- Publisher: New York, NY : Oxford University Press, .
- Copyright: �2022.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 135-152) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction: Eruption -- "This Is Our Nation, Not Theirs" -- The Spirit of 1690 -- Freedom, Violence, Order -- Avoiding "The Big One."
In this short primer, Gorski and Perry explain what white Christian nationalism is and is not; when it first emerged and how it has changed; where it's headed and why it threatens democracy. Tracing the development of this ideology over the course of three centuries and especially its influence over the last three decades, they show how white Christian nationalism motivates the anti-democratic, authoritarian, and violent impulses on display in our current political moment.
Search for related items by subject
- 1 of 1 copy available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Carthage Public.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.