Mr. McCloskey's marvelous mallards : the making of Make way for ducklings / Emma Bland Smith ; illustrated by Becca Stadtlander.
"As soon as artist Robert McCloskey saw the ducks in Boston Public Garden, he knew he had to write about them. But how? Studying stuffed birds didn't help... As the ducklings grew, he got down on his hands and knees and followed them with pad and pencil. At times he even acted like a duck! Through revision, after revision, Robert improved the art and story, until he and his editor were finally satisfied."-- Adapted from front jacket flap.
- ISBN: 9781635923926
- ISBN: 1635923921
- Physical Description: 40 unnumbered pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Honesdale : Calkins Creek, 2022.
|Target Audience Note:||
Decoding demand: 85 (very high) Semantic demand: 94 (very high) Syntactic demand: 86 (very high) Structure demand: 87 (very high) Lexile
Search for related items by subject
- 5 of 7 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Carthage Public.
- 0 current holds with 7 total copies.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Carthage Public Library||PB McCloskey, Robert (Text)||34MO2001811866||Primary Biography||Available||-|